By Duncan Wu
Brimming with the attention-grabbing eccentricities of a fancy and complicated move whose impacts proceed to resonate deeply, 30 nice Myths in regards to the Romantics provides nice readability to what we all know – or think we all know – approximately some of the most very important classes in literary history.
- Explores many of the misconceptions typically linked to Romanticism, delivering provocative insights that right and make clear numerous of the commonly-held myths concerning the key figures of this era
- Corrects a few of the biases and ideology in regards to the Romantics that experience crept into the 21st-century zeitgeist – for instance that they have been a number of drug-addled atheists who believed in loose love; that Blake was once a madman; and that Wordsworth slept together with his sister
- Celebrates a number of of the mythic gadgets, characters, and ideas that experience handed down from the Romantics into modern tradition – from Blake’s Jerusalem and Keats’s Ode on a Grecian Urn to the literary style of the vampire
- Engagingly written to supply readers with a enjoyable but scholarly creation to Romanticism and key writers of the interval, employing the main up to date scholarship to the sequence of myths that proceed to form our appreciation in their work
Read Online or Download 30 Great Myths about the Romantics PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This ebook explores the metaphor of topography as a mechanism for the inscription of gender roles in Arthurian romance.
A unique that is helping the British response to Corinne in addition to of its cultural, social and gender implications.
This quantity argues for the long-lasting and pervasive value of struggle within the formation of British Enlightenment and Romantic tradition. displaying how warfare throws into query traditional disciplinary parameters and periodization, essays within the assortment think of how conflict shapes tradition via its a number of, divergent, and effective strains.
First released in 1945. during this paintings the writer seeks to right the misinterpretation and mistaken labelling of Shelley’s proposal. whereas no longer neglecting Shelley as a poet, this booklet makes a speciality of his contributions made to the overall stream of political and philosophical considered his period and via so doing his relevance to modern matters.
- The Romantic Revolution in America: 1800-1860: Main Currents in American Thought: 2
- Romance and the Erotics of Property: Mass-Market Fiction for Women
- Poetry and Ecology in the Age of Milton and Marvell (Literary and Scientific Cultures of Early Modernity)
- Gendering Walter Scott: Sex, Violence and Romantic Period Writing (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- EL LUGAR DE LOS POETAS. Un ensayo sobre estética y política (Pensamiento crítico) (Spanish Edition)
Extra info for 30 Great Myths about the Romantics
30 Great Myths about the Romantics by Duncan Wu